Anyway, Keeping Up with the Kardashians is the only "reality" style TV show that I have consistently kept up with (no pun intended). There is something about their down-to-Earth, yet at the same time, kind of nuts home life that keeps me watching. Between those three, and Tia and Tamara, I can vicariously live out my childhood dream of having a sister...LOL
While watching the two-part show, and realizing that it was FOUR HOURS LONG (thank goodness for the fast forward on DVR), I figured if I am able to learn something from it, the hours were not a total laze-fest. What can I say, I'm a self-proclaimed nerd. That is the time it takes to watch four lectures, and time is money, people...
Nuggets of Kardashian Wisdom (lol):
- Despite disagreeing with the choices those in your family may make, at the end of the day you will ALWAYS be there for each other.
- "Want to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans." - Lamar Odom. I know he didn't pen the saying, but I was excited to see him dropping knowledge on the young men...LOL
- Deciding to change (or not to change) your lastname should be YOUR decision, and no one else's. And just because you don't, that doesn't mean you are "less down" for your husband than the woman who does.
- Do not take having your parents (or children) around for granted. There is always someone out there who would love to have more time with their mom or dad - and that is something no one's money can buy.
- When it comes to the wedding, some grooms actually want to help plan more than their bachelor party. Make sure they feel included and valued - not that you planned your dream wedding years ago and can just "insert any man" into his spot.
- Premarital counseling and/or simply having those important conversations about marital expectations can prevent some of the silly little fights couples have when they start blending their lives together. With that said, make sure you spend more time planning your marriage than you do your wedding.
- NO ONE is immune to wedding-related drama. Whether you plan it in a year, three months, or 9 days, don't let it cause you to forget what your wedding is all about. Breathe.
- Blended families can be just as "natural" as biological ones. "Step"-parents don't have to be treated as such.
- There really is more than one family out there who gives all their kids names that start with "K"...you thought these would all be serious? LOL sorry...
- Whether you have Kardashian money or not, every couple deserves for their wedding day to be their fairytale - and their marriage their happily ever after.
Surprised? So maybe there was more reality in it than we give them credit for...
Congrats Kim and Kris! May you have many, many happy years together :-D
Did any of you watch the show? Can you think of anything else we could take from the special (both serious and not so serious...)? Did any of it remind you of your own wedding drama?