I feel so blessed because every year of my life gets better than the year before. As my 25th bday was approaching, I thought about the biggest lessons that 25 years has taught me. Some of these may sound cliche, but they have been life lessons for me none-the-less and it's my birthday, so you have to read them ;-)
Ok, here goes:
15. There is always, ALWAYS something to be thankful for.
14. Me time is CRUCIAL. Sometimes it's good to just sit and think.
13. "Pray like it depends on God, but work like it depends on you."
12. Don't miss out on life stressing about the day to day hustle...If you are a student like me, have a huge long term project at work, or working towards a goal, don't forget that life is still going on and take the time to enjoy it!
11. True love (familial, friendship, marriage) requires WORK. People are messy and no one is perfect, not even you. Forgive and love. Then repeat.
10. Dream big. Then dream bigger. And when you think you have gone as far as you can go, try and go a little bit further because you can.
9. Choose your friends wisely. You only need a few. Note: You can tell who your real friends are by those who are happy for you when you succeed. (I'm so fortunate to have some awesome friends!)
8. Every stumbling block does not have to be a crisis. Prepare a plan B as best you can and then leave it in God's hands. Pastor Ramsey told us that "Jesus was God's plan B when things fell through with Adam" < MESSAGE. So don't stay discouraged when things don't go as planned!
7. Be honest about what you want, no one will ever know what you need if you don't speak up.
6. Know your worth. Because when it is all said and done, no one will preserve it but you.
5. It takes a lifetime to establish your integrity and character but only takes a minute to compromise it so make good choices!
4. Words have power. Use them to build yourself and those close to you up.
3. Don't apologize for who you are, stick to your principles, and allow people to love an authentic you.
2. Pour yourself into helping others - in big ways or small. It will take your mind off of you and you will realize that you have so much to be thankful for.
1. God has no limits. Try Him. You will see.
I look forward to learning so much more :-)
I'll be in clinic today, but I plan on celebrating (i.e. eating cake) all weekend!
Have a great day everyone!